For Job Seekers
Call us to schedule your appointment!
- Formal Accounting degree, or 5+ years of accounting experience.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Payroll experience.
- Demonstrated experience with spreadsheets preferably Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with advanced computer systems.
- Oversee financial operations and financial management for the entire organization.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Provide Management with financial analyses and projections.
- Hire train and supervise accounting and Bookkeeping staff.
- Perform bi-weekly payroll.
- Manage budgets.
Rate of Pay
- Salaried position, up to $65K Depending on experience and qualifications.
Part Time Admin. Asst. Scotia
- Customer service experience.
- Strong basic computer skills.
- Cashiering experience.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Office experience.
- Take payments for public utilities.
- Asst. with general administrative duties - filing, correspondence, etc.
- Take meeting minutes.
- Create packets for board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Tuesday - Thursday 9AM - 1PM and some weeks fewer hours.
Rate of Pay
- $15/hr depending on experience and qualifications.
Marine Terminal Electrician
This position supports the electrical needs for a facility that receives domestic wood chips and ships to overseas markets. Works in close coordination with maintenance and production employees following direction from the supervisory staff. Includes service, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair and installation of high voltage electrical and electronic equipment and related components in a marine production environment.
- Must hold valid and current certification from the CA Department of Industrial Relations as a Certified General Electrician.
- Electrical degree from a trade school and/or high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot electrical or computer problems.
- Knowledge and experience with programmable logic controller (PLC) programming.
- Must be able to design and install electrical systems in voltage of 120, 220, and 480 3-phase.
- Must be proficient in work barge and skiff operation.
- Reads, writes and understands electrical schematics, drawings, diagrams and follow written directions to facilitate repairs and maintenance.
- Must be able to trace out grounded systems (AC or DC).
- Performs cutting and welding as necessary.
- Participate actively in company safety program. Works in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations as well as using all personal protective gear/equipment as required.
- Reads work orders, PM sheets, mechanical drawings, layout and power transmission.
- Evaluate equipment operation and make recommendations for improvement or repair.
- Installs electrical conduit in compliance with industry standards and regulations, as needed.
- Must operate and monitor blower system, conveyors and re-claimer's during chip loading operations.
- For a more detailed description of job duties and qualifications please contact our office @ 707.445.9641.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m
Rate of Pay
- Depends on experience.
- Welcomes clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Notifying staff of client arrival for appointments or walk-ins.
- Manage and create new client files, filing system and storage database.
- Update any shared documents as needed, create forms.
- Keep and maintain confidentiality.
- Screening phone calls.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Switchboard telephone skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Good general computer skills.
- Organized and professional
- Monday through Friday 1pm - 5pm.
Rate of Pay
- $13-15/hr Depending on qualifications and experience.
Do you want a mix of office work and work out in the field in the lovely Redwood Coast? This position works in rural areas of the region with private landowners seeking government permits. Our client is a smaller company, with an awesome culture.
- A bachelors degree in hydrology, range management, forestry, environmental engineering, natural resource management or similar is required
- A strong internship or a year or more of field experience including GIS is preferred.
- Successful candidate will have a strong science and math background
- Ability to read topographical maps and interpret slope data contained therein.
- Must be hard-working, self-starting and eager to learn and develop.
- The position is involved with conserving, enhancing and protecting watersheds and stream drainage basins.
- Will conduct road and watershed assessments and assist with Timber Harvest Plans.
- Work with landowners and other team members in planning water retention features, such as ponds, streams and drainage fields, to minimize the impact on the ecology of the area.
- Work will be performed in an office setting and out in the field.
- Please contact us for more details about this position
Rate of Pay
- $18 to $22 per hour to start, depending upon experience
For more information:
- Email Tomas@sequoiapersonnel.com or call us at 707 445-9641 to schedule your appointment.
Safety Officer - Papa & Barkley Labs
We're seeking an experienced Safety officer who is well versed in OSHA guidelines to work with one of Humboldt County's most exciting companies Papa & Barkley Labs. This position will help implement and manager employee health and safety across several manufacturing facilities. The OSHA Officer provides safety leadership and collaborates with management to build a strong safety culture within the company. If you'd like to learn more about this position located in the heart of Humboldt County please apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your confidential inquiry.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3+ years project management experience.
- Experience with implementation of state OSHA standards required.
- Experience with GMP preferred.
- Experience with Food Safety planning and implementation preferred.
- Food Industry, Beauty Industry, or Medical Industry experience required.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain all EHS programs, policies and procedures necessary for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including all reporting obligations.
- Implement plan and recommendations of external safety consultant.
- Review incident trends and ensure corrective/preventive actions are developed and implemented.
- Extend safety policies and protocols to all Papa & Barkley locations.
- Investigate and report all accidents, incidents, and injuries on job.
- Manage worker's compensation cases from date of injury to return to full and active duty, including filing all necessary paperwork and completing OSHA log.
- Facilitate safety meetings and trainings.
- Develop Activity Hazard Analyses in compliance with OSHA and industry standards to minimize risk and injury on the job sites.
- Work with GMP consultants to implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) plans as the company expands and constructs new facilities
- This is a full time exempt position.
- This position is complete with a Salary of $60,000 - $70,000 DOQ
- Papa & Barkley Labs also offers an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401k with 4% match, PTO, free gym membership and more!
- Mandatory drug testing and background check.
- A clean driving record (Only a basic driver's license required, but driving experience is preferred).
- Must be punctual/reliable.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Drive a 20ft box truck and smaller cargo vans.
- Make pickups and deliveries.
- Haul/push large bins full of paper as well as moving large heavy boxes.
- The right candidate would enjoy interacting with the public but also enjoy being alone in the truck.
- This is a full-time position.
Rate of Pay
- $13.00 per hour DOE
- Must be reliable and hardworking
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to follow direction
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and requirements
- Previous production experience helpful, but not required
- Perform various production line and warehouse duties as assigned.
- Duties include lifting 40-70+lbs bags on a repetitive basis - daily- during entire shift.
- Job is highly physical - involves constant movement and being on feet/standing for entire shift.
- May drive forklifts for loading/unloading production materials and product.
- Expect to be monitored and evaluated to follow all company safety rules and guidelines.
- Job involves the ability to work well within a fast-paced team-centered environment.
- Two shifts available, day and swing
Rate of Pay
- $13.00 to start, raises to safe, reliable workers after 30 days
- Please call our office to schedule an appointment for an interview! (707)445-9641
Certified Medical Assistant
- A Certificate or Associate degree as a CMA/MA from a State Accredited Program with 12 months experience within the preceding 36 months or have these certifications: 36 months experience- within the preceding 60 months as a Med. Asst. in a private practice with one of the following Certifications:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from the American Medical Technologists.
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) from the National Center for Competency Testing.
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) from the National Healthcareer Association
- Perform light and basic administrative tasks such as answering phones, scheduling appointments and updating medical records.
- Process insurance claims and file paperwork.
- May be responsible for prepping patients for treatment and taking vital signs prior to treatment.
- May be responsible for collecting and preparing lab specimens, basic lab tests and sterilizing medical equipment.
- May be responsible for cleaning examination and waiting rooms.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Monday - Friday between 6:00 AM and 4:30 PM
Rate of Pay
- $21.27 per hour
- Must be committed to a career in the field of investments and financial planning.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional office environment.
- Must be a highly ethical and self-motivated individual who works well within a team setting.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Manage relationships with clients and internal/external resource providers.
- Generate and manage client communications and tasks by telephone, mail and internet.
- Coordinate service activities and delegate appropriate tasks to team members.
- Participate in ongoing business development and marketing projects.
- Ability to adhere to ruels and regulations as set forth by the advisor and the SEC.
- Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Rate of Pay
- $15 - $20/hr DOE/DOQ
We are seeking a class B driver for a full time position with a local industrial company. Duties include driving and general labor at work-sites. Candidates should have their Class B CA driver's license and a good driving record. Positions include weekends and holidays as needed. Salary is $18/hr DOE DOQ with benefits available for permanent employees. If you'd like more information or to apply please call Sequoia Personnel Services at 707 445-9641 or email email@example.com