Safety Officer – Papa & Barkley Labs
We’re seeking an experienced Safety officer who is well versed in OSHA guidelines to work with one of Humboldt County’s most exciting companies Papa & Barkley Labs. This position will help implement and manager employee health and safety across several manufacturing facilities. The OSHA Officer provides safety leadership and collaborates with management to build a strong safety culture within the company. If you’d like to learn more about this position located in the heart of Humboldt County please apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your confidential inquiry.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3+ years project management experience.
- Experience with implementation of state OSHA standards required.
- Experience with GMP preferred.
- Experience with Food Safety planning and implementation preferred.
- Food Industry, Beauty Industry, or Medical Industry experience required.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain all EHS programs, policies and procedures necessary for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including all reporting obligations.
- Implement plan and recommendations of external safety consultant.
- Review incident trends and ensure corrective/preventive actions are developed and implemented.
- Extend safety policies and protocols to all Papa & Barkley locations.
- Investigate and report all accidents, incidents, and injuries on job.
- Manage worker’s compensation cases from date of injury to return to full and active duty, including filing all necessary paperwork and completing OSHA log.
- Facilitate safety meetings and trainings.
- Develop Activity Hazard Analyses in compliance with OSHA and industry standards to minimize risk and injury on the job sites.
- Work with GMP consultants to implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) plans as the company expands and constructs new facilities
- This is a full time exempt position.
- This position is complete with a Salary of $60,000 – $70,000 DOQ
- Papa & Barkley Labs also offers an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401k with 4% match, PTO, free gym membership and more!